The Old Hall was built by Lord Crewe around 1530 for one of his Lieutenants John Offley, who subsequently became Sir John Offley and Lord Mayor of London. It is timber and infill brick construction and stands proud in an elevated position in the centre of the Village.The Hall was built in the shape of a cross for religious reasons and is centred by a dominant chimney which is 12 foot square at the base and used to serve 10 fireplaces.
Once John Offley left the Hall, it was tenanted for 400 years as a farmhouse and then extensions were added in Victorian times to include a beautiful Orangery. The Hall stands in two acres of pure gardens, which are a particular feature.
The Hall stayed in Crewe family ownership until the last remaining Lord Crewe, who was a bachelor died and it then transferred to the State and became part of the Duchy. It was sold in 1977 to private owners who set about a substantial refurbishment.
In 2007 the current owners Gary and Simon bought the Hall and transformed it to the luxury house you see today.